Saturday, March 31, 2012

St Patricks Day!

Here is some of the fun we had from our green week and day!

This was about a week before St. Patricks Day.  Lex was so excited that we were having a picnic at the park with friends and got to bring a lunch box, or lunch bag in this case. :)  She thinks it is so cool how Kaylee brings a lunch to school and now she got to bring one, and help Mommy pack it.

Sometime during the week we made Rice Krispies treats, and of course they were green!

Then the night before the big day we made Mint Chocolate chip cookies that of course were green!




Then of course we had to leave one to the leprechaun that would come wreck havoc at our house.  Why not, right??!!

Our St Patricks Day morning started off like this.  Cheesy green eggs, green pancakes, and this year we added homemade green syrup.  My pumpkin pancake recipe has a homemade syrup to make with it so I thought why not make that and make it green. 



Showing their gold coins.  Kaylee looks at me with such disappointment that morning and says, "Mom, we totally forgot to make a leprechaun trap."  The kids do that in one of our St Patricks Day books and that had been her plan all week.  Oh well, always next year!  Our house was sure a big mess with toys everywhere, stuff knocked over, drawers and cabinets open, toilet paper all over the hall, and gold coins for the girls to find.  That is probably the hardest night of the year for me, going to bed with all that stuff everywhere....I know, I am a little strange like that.  I think I had it mostly cleaned up before I started breakfast, just too much to handle. ;)




After our morning breakfast with the family the rest of the day was pretty low key and just spent hanging out with my favorite girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...